OK...same question I had before and still stressing
Original post by lori7570
So my e-party. Options are 1) my parents throwing it for us in a restaurant, inviting 20-30 people. 2) my parents giving us $1500.
If we went with option 2 we would want to have a BBQ that we would pay for, I'm guessing it would be around $500.
With FH recently getting laid off I'm wondering what we should do. I'm hoping if we have the party in a restaurant we will get cash gifts (I know I sound tacky).
I don't know what to do, the extra money will be helpful, but I also want to celebrate our engagement.
Sandradv121
Posted:
Member since
Re: OK...same question I had before and still stressing
I am really sorry to hear that. I know its so hard now-a-days. My advice is this: Take the money now. Than wait until the spring/summer, than have your eparty. Who knows, by than, you guys might be in a better place. Just remember, there's always that chance you won't make back what you spend, as bad as that makes me sound, but its the awful truth. You're better off waiting. We put off buying a house because of the economy. Its really scary. Good things come to those who wait.
SummerBride10
Posted:
Member since
Re: OK...same question I had before and still stressing
Take the money and put it in a savings account with a high interest rate.
LouMar2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: OK...same question I had before and still stressing
we had a engagement party at al hall and the whole thing cost us around 3000. we ended up making jsut over 3000 in cash as gifts and also got gifts from some people. so for us it ended up being well worth it. because the night didnt end up costing us anything. we actually made a few hundred dollars.
mosh424
Posted:
Member since
Re: OK...same question I had before and still stressing
Posted by MrsC2010
honestly, i say you go for the big party. you can always figure out a way to save more money later...but you only get one engagement. You may regret not having the party if its something you think you want.
I completely agree!
kimmaymb20
Posted:
Member since
Re: OK...same question I had before and still stressing
Ugh such a tough decision.
The money could come in handy down the road so putting it away somewhere with a high intrest rate is probably the safest and best bet with the way things are going right now.