Post New Topic

Repost from BHB - Im so frustrated!!!!!

natiepie1028 Posted:

Repost from BHB - Im so frustrated!!!!!

We bid on a house and they accepted and had the house inspected already. The thing is is that we are waiting for my lawyer to read the contract. My lawyer is taking his sweet a$$ time to read it because I am a legal secretary where my lawyer works and since the services are free, he is putting me on the back burner.

The real estate agent for the seller is being so annoying about it and I dont know if I should believe him because he is an idiot. He just called me to find out about the contract and if we signed it yet and after I told him no we haven't read it yet, he proceeded to tell me that another person wants the house - and for full asking price (which is 5,000 more).

I know its not in contract yet, but it is ethical to provide the seller with other bids when the seller already accepted and we already spent $425 on an inspector? Im just nervous that the seller will call it off and go with someone else.

This real estate guy is the biggest a$$hole ever - he just sees $$$$. What should I do???
MCDO15 Posted:

Re: Repost from BHB - Im so frustrated!!!!!

prehaps its in your best intrest to hire a lawyer externally...? sad to say but some ppl dont care about ethics...

DjPiLL Posted:

Re: Repost from BHB - Im so frustrated!!!!!

Get a lawyer that will treat you as top priority... or else you run the risk of losing your inspection money.

Its the RE's job to show the seller other offers if you are delaying. He is not being an a-hole. Hell I would be pissed too if a buyer of mine was taking their sweet time through attorney review.


And nothing is final until you have a signed contract by both parties in your hands.
cjb88 Posted:

Re: Repost from BHB - Im so frustrated!!!!!

i think that if they do accept the other offer, if there really is one, they have to give you the money you spent on the inspection back...

i would either get another attorney or tell them what the real estate is telling you... legally they can back out of offer even after an offer was accepted and even after you go to contract...

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.