Post New Topic

RP from BHB: Need advice on a photographer issue. Sorry a little long.

pineapple-princess Posted:

RP from BHB: Need advice on a photographer issue. Sorry a little long.

I really need some advice here....
I booked my photographer a long time ago (last January) and gave a $1600 deposit. My FH and I loved thier work and they were great people. We wanted very artistic, candid, photojournalistic shots. Now prior to this I had contacted a photographer who I REALLY wanted to meet with but they were not booking for 2007 at the time.
After meeting with the photographer that I booked I was very happy with my decision and knew I would have beautiful pictures.
Now I am not so happy. After looking at both photographers pics I like my photographer but am absolutely blown away by the other one.
They are much more artistic and the photos are outrageous.
I e-mailed them to ask if they are still available for my date but am I nuts to even think about losing $1600? We definitely don't have it to lose but they are $1000 less (so of course in my mind I'm thinking it almost balances out) Am I crazy???
Help because if I'm not crazy now I'm certainly going to be there soon if I keep thinking about this.
Thanks ladies.
heatherandrichie Posted:

Re: RP from BHB: Need advice on a photographer issue. Sorry a little long.

It's a hard decision. I try to stop looking at things once I book them so this doesn't happen to me.

What does your FH think? Maybe he can make the decision for you... Or have your BM's vote. I don't know, but good luck.
HelenZ Posted:

Re: RP from BHB: Need advice on a photographer issue. Sorry a little long.

hmmmm that's tough, considering if it's really a difference of $600, it's not really that much to lose if you really want the other photographer. But if the one you originally booked with is great too, than maybe just stick with them? Which one is giving you more for your money?

Just curious, who are the photographers?
JIFFY Posted:

Re: RP from BHB: Need advice on a photographer issue. Sorry a little long.

I did the same thing about a month ago with my hall. I weighed the pros and cons and then went for it. It's tough bc it is a lot of money but then you are saving $1000 with the other. Just do what you feel comfortable with and then don't look back!

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.