my FH just lost his job. Should we cancel the wedding or take mom and dad's help (they offered)
rocketsummer17
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
push it back a year and ask for some help from your parents eta (i hit submit before i was done!!) I am really sorry Fh lost his job, what field is he in, i can keep my eyes open
jayepyt
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
i would take the help from my parents iam trying to get my mom to help me out just a little
Novbride09
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
take the help and pay them back?
gina409
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
if u dont feelcomfy taking the help from ur parents..find ways to cust the costs...no flowers use candles..no limos..there r ways to get around and dont feel like it makes ur wedding less amazing..all u need is u and fh to have a wonderful day..all that other stuff is just for show..hth feel better
lori7570
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
Posted by stargazerlily
my FH just lost his job. Should we cancel the wedding or take mom and dad's help (they offered)
I'm so sorry to hear that...maybe just have the cermony now and reception in a year or so...if the parents are offering to help I would take them up on it...
stargazerlily
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
he's a teacher and was told he is terminated on the last day of school. If we're lucky he won't have to go one day without a job because he has 5 months to find one before he has to leave. But we kind if need to decide now if we are going ahead with the wedding and we don't know that he'll find something.
I know worse things have happened, but this *****. He is such a hard worker and this is just so not fair. (That's my little second grader moment, it's over now)
kimmaymb20
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
Im sorry that FH lost his job. Mine lost his on Friday .
If your parents are offering help then maybe you should take it. At least you know he will still be working until the end of the school year so bank as much money as you can. But if worse comes to work push it back a year or until you feel it is comfortable.
Thats what we decided that we would have to push it back from late 2010 to March 2011.
IT will all work out. Good Luck.
angelatp
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
so sorry to hear about your FH job loss, hopefully he'll get lucky soon.
If you feel comfortable accepting their help go ahead, but if you do want to pay for it yourselves push back the date. Good Luck to both of you.
GT143EA
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
Im sorry your Fh lost his job. Why dont you take the help from your parents and pay them back when you can? I hope everything works out!
krislee316
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
AWW I am so sorry to hear that IMO I would do a ceremony now and then a reception when you can afford it....I would not take help from my parents because I know that mine could not afford to BUT if they could that would be a diff story. Did you book your RH yet?
stinenandy2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
first so sorry to hear about that! it really depends on your financial situation, can you afford to pay on one salary? do you feel comfortable taking the money from your parents?
a part of me feels like telling you just get married, its just a few months away. but on the other hand, its a stinky situation to be in and you should save the money bc you don't know what will happen over the next few months.
MrsGRod09
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
Sorry to hear about your FH. Have you placed a deposit on a RH yet? If you have maybe you can scale back the wedding make it smaller if you are not comfortable accepting help from your parents. Or you can move the wedding up a few months or even a whole year.
TheLadyJ
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
I know how you feel. FH lost his job in the fall. We agonized over what to do any finally decided to postpone. All of our vendors were EXTREMELY accomodating.
JenBill61210
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
i am so sorry to hear. i would check w/ your hall to see if you can push it back a year so you can save some more and this way you dont lose everything deposit wise... and i would take some help from your parents. good luck
MrsC2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
i wouldn't cancel altogether...i agree with maybe pushing it back or asking for help if you feel comfortable.
twoifbysea
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
I wouldn't cancel altogether either, especially if you made a lot of non-refundable deposits! that would be a huge waste.
I think bumping it up and accepting help from your parents is definitely ok if you're comfortable with it.
NY031978
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
if your familys can pay for it...and you can pay it back later thats an idea. But also I wouldnt settle for a place just for the sake of getting married...id at that pt. push the wedding back a year...all depending I didnt book vendors bc I know some charge to change dates
Alexandra17
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
Posted by rocketsummer17
push it back a year and ask for some help from your parents eta (i hit submit before i was done!!) I am really sorry Fh lost his job, what field is he in, i can keep my eyes open
i would push it back a year too
GtBride
Posted:
Member since
Re: should i cancel?
I am so sorry to hear about your FH. Honestly, i would push it for another year. Or use the money that your parents plan on giving for a down payment on a house down the line. jmo