So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
Chelechel1
Posted:
Member since
So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
We wanted to push the wedding date to Fall 2010, but as you ladies heard from me yesterday, my caterer said the dates are most likely not available. Basically we are broke, I'm a recent college grad who is finalizing my substitute teaching paperwork and my FH is in construction, but has been out of work for 2 months.
Winter is out of the question as far as FH is concerned, but that's OK. Its his wedding too! I think pushing the wedding by a year will really give us a chance to rebuild ourselves financially! (Positive aspect)
Most likely, we are going to push this wedding til 2011 FSIL is getting married 5/21/11 and I don't want to take her month and I want to let her shine also.
How long after her wedding do you think is appropriate? I though that 7/2/11 (FH's B-day) or 7/9/11 is far enough.
I'm still a 2010er at heart though, I'll be on these boards enjoying all your stories pictures too!
grkbarbie
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
honestly 2 months after is WAY too soon.
just as your guests go to her wedding, they will be receiving invites to yours.. on top of that, u have to factor in bridal shower for u and her.... its no bueno... MY opinion though. i would wait 6 months the LEAST
Chelechel1
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
WOW! I have to call her ASAP. What a mess it is when you are low on the moulah!!
halfbaked
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
Posted by grkbarbie
honestly 2 months after is WAY too soon.
just as your guests go to her wedding, they will be receiving invites to yours.. on top of that, u have to factor in bridal shower for u and her.... its no bueno... MY opinion though. i would wait 6 months the LEAST
ITA. It's even more difficult if you have a lot of OOT guests. Think of all the money they'd have to spend or even worse, they'd have to choose which wedding to attend.
Soon2bShea
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
I would do it before hers...only because I couldnt imagineeeeeeeee pushing my wedding so far , thats just me though
Im_My_Own_Princess
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
what hall were you looking at? I think my hall has some fall dates open and they are REALLY affordable! fm me
jmgoncal
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
Posted by grkbarbie
honestly 2 months after is WAY too soon.
just as your guests go to her wedding, they will be receiving invites to yours.. on top of that, u have to factor in bridal shower for u and her.... its no bueno... MY opinion though. i would wait 6 months the LEAST
I agree... I would at least push it to the fall.
Chelechel1
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
I really don't want to push it any farther, but if its the appropriate thing to do , I HAVE TO. If I have mine 6 months before her's its back to this Fall.
Chelechel1
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
Posted by Im_My_Own_Princess
what hall were you looking at? I think my hall has some fall dates open and they are REALLY affordable! fm me
I already have my RH at Dow*ing, they are working with me on this push, but I only want to push it once. Thank you though.
grkbarbie
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
are u set on just 1 particular hall??
cuz if yuore strapped with cash, why not have it at a less expensive venue??
grkbarbie
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
gotcha..how much would u loose if u cancel?
cuz honestly.. i was quoted 65pp at leonards in the summer. you do have options...
mrsdraskin2009
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
I'm sorry to hear that but Lessings has other properties that may be economical that could prevent you from pushing it back.
JenBill61210
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
talk to the RH and see what they say... what about December 2010? there should be dates available and you can probably get a cheaper rate.
Chelechel1
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
What is boils down to is that we don't want to start our marriage financially trapped. I can finally start working after 1.5 years, and by then we will have some 'cushion' I love my venue! I don't want to change it! But unfortunately I have to push the wedding longer than I originally thought. Drama Drama
grkbarbie
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
its all about priorities if u ask me. if youre strapped for cash,but still set on having ur wedding at a pricey venue andddddddd on top of all that willing to book 2 months after ur fsil... i duno man... i see a longggggggg road of drama and tears.. not to scare you or anything. butthe answer to your problem is to just have it at a less expensive venue.
if u do that, u wont spend as much and u wont be stepping on anyones toes.
brittndave
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
Posted by grkbarbie
its all about priorities if u ask me. if youre strapped for cash,but still set on having ur wedding at a pricey venue andddddddd on top of all that willing to book 2 months after ur fsil... i duno man... i see a longggggggg road of drama and tears.. not to scare you or anything. butthe answer to your problem is to just have it at a less expensive venue.
if u do that, u wont spend as much and u wont be stepping on anyones toes.
i'm sorry but i have to agree with barb on this one. there are lessings venues (and a ton of others) that are wayyy more financially appropriate for your situation. i understand not wanting to start your marriage in a bad financial situation but if you get a less expensive venue and budget yourself everywhere else, you can still have a beautiful wedding and save a ton of money. you also don't want to start your marriage with drama...
RitasEngaged
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
how much of a deposit would you lose - can you find another location
Chelechel1
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
We will lose $8,000 between the caterer and venue fee. My parents are helping us also.
Chelechel1
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
Posted by grkbarbie
its all about priorities if u ask me. if youre strapped for cash,but still set on having ur wedding at a pricey venue andddddddd on top of all that willing to book 2 months after ur fsil... i duno man... i see a longggggggg road of drama and tears.. not to scare you or anything. butthe answer to your problem is to just have it at a less expensive venue.
if u do that, u wont spend as much and u wont be stepping on anyones toes.
I think that I will just woman-up and have to book it for 11/11 and avoid any fights with FSIL.
grkbarbie
Posted:
Member since
Re: So this knot in my stomach continues! Now we are pushing the date further!
im totallly not trying to tell u what to do.. dont hate me.
in the end this is your decision along with your fhs. Im just an outsider looking in..