Without naming any names, I have been trying to get in touch with a vendor. I get calls back- but like waaaay after I am supposed to. My phone number was also misplaced at some point during the process. I started contact with this vendor on Saturday, and am still waiting for an appt. to be made.
My usual policy is this: I e-mail, if I get no response in 72 hours I cut them off the list. Then I call the remaining ones, if I get no response in 48 hours I cut them off the list.
However, I've heard rave reviews about this vendor, plus they were recommended by one of my friends from school.
Follow my policy or extend it for this particular vendor?
stinenandy2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
I usually try to email first, if I get no reply, I usually follow up with a phone call, then I cut them.
However, if I call or email over the weekend, I give them longer to respond since I know vendors are busy over the weekend with weddings.
jme78
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
I would try to meet with them, especially if you've heard great reviews.
I think its a very busy season for wedding vendors, so I am sure if they are popular vendors they were working all weekend. I would keep an open mind just because its only Tuesday. See what happens.
MarjorieFrank
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
I would usually just move on, but since you have personal recommindations then maybe you should give it a little more time.
This is their busy time of year and I am sure they probably had TONS of weddings Friday-Sunday, and then most wedding companies are off on Mondays which can explain the no response.
bulldoglover
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
i'd give them just a little bit more time.
2010 Fall Bride
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
I usually call and make an appt. I haven't had any problems and have been able to get appts ASAP. However, if I were in this situation, I would probably give them a few more days and if not then SCRATCH!
JAAMS
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
Thanks everyone! I'm going to give it until Friday- that will have been almost a week since the first point of contact so I think that's fair!
Becca2010
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
Posted by JAAMS
Thanks everyone! I'm going to give it until Friday- that will have been almost a week since the first point of contact so I think that's fair!
Absolutely! A week is more than enough. Good Luck!
sophisticat13
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
If it was me, I would wait and give it one more shot, but also start checking out other vendors in the meantime so that you don't lose time. I would also ask the friend who gave you a personal rec if they encountered this problem also.
SummerBride10
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
Posted by JAAMS
Thanks everyone! I'm going to give it until Friday- that will have been almost a week since the first point of contact so I think that's fair!
I think that's a good plan. Good luck!!
kris_gets_hitched
Posted:
Member since
Re: What would you girls do..
Posted by sophisticat13
If it was me, I would wait and give it one more shot, but also start checking out other vendors in the meantime so that you don't lose time. I would also ask the friend who gave you a personal rec if they encountered this problem also.
I'd do the same - it's high wedding season right now, it's only Tuesday, and we're approaching a holiday weekend where people may have Thursday night weddings planned more often than other weeks out of the year. I think given the circumstances, I'd wait a couple more days, but I'd also make some calls to other vendors in case I didn't hear back from them. Good luck!