I'm Backing out of JA's and Booking CB before it's too Late...
I have finally come to a decision. (Pending Fi's approval of the video from the place) I am getting back my deposit from John Anthony's and booking Chateau Briand...
This was the hardest decision I have had to make so far. First of all, I had myself convinced that I would hate the place (CB) before I had even stepped in there. I wanted my hall off to the side of a deserted road, not on Old Country Road. Secondly, my friends all had me convinced it was very glass and marble-y...it's not. It was art deco. It was different and I liked different.
Next. Tom Wright, the Banquet Manager...OMG...
this
man
is
wonderful!
!!!!!!!!!
He not only matched my price, but he threw in some extras AND he made my menu from JA's match the menu they were offering and I won't have to reprint my menu cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Only my reception cards!!!!!! And he gave me the 1/2 of hospitality and he gave me one extra course.
They were so nice to work with and so understanding.
The only things now that I have to worry about are fi's approval, centerpieces which JA's threw in and the reception cards.
However, I would be dealing with 5 months of pure stress of will they or won't they be open...
I have had the absolute worst week that I have had since the whole robbery thing in March~(some of you may remember that thread...) My stepsister who lost the baby now has to start Chemo becasue she has cancer cells from the tumor, they found out my wonderful stepfather may have cancer, my tire blew out this morning, my hall is closing 5 months before my wedding....shall I continue? I can not afford to stress every day over what is going to happen to my wedding money if they were to close.
I know I was one of the more positive ones who booked JA's/HC, but really, one person can only handle so much in a week.
So I am calling tomorrow and getting back my deposit... Atleast I found another place that I kinda like, right?
PS:
Shamma, LizLen and Latina511, TOm had nothign but wonderful things to say about all of you.
This was the hardest decision I have had to make so far. First of all, I had myself convinced that I would hate the place (CB) before I had even stepped in there. I wanted my hall off to the side of a deserted road, not on Old Country Road. Secondly, my friends all had me convinced it was very glass and marble-y...it's not. It was art deco. It was different and I liked different.
Next. Tom Wright, the Banquet Manager...OMG...
this
man
is
wonderful!
!!!!!!!!!
He not only matched my price, but he threw in some extras AND he made my menu from JA's match the menu they were offering and I won't have to reprint my menu cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Only my reception cards!!!!!! And he gave me the 1/2 of hospitality and he gave me one extra course.
They were so nice to work with and so understanding.
The only things now that I have to worry about are fi's approval, centerpieces which JA's threw in and the reception cards.
However, I would be dealing with 5 months of pure stress of will they or won't they be open...
I have had the absolute worst week that I have had since the whole robbery thing in March~(some of you may remember that thread...) My stepsister who lost the baby now has to start Chemo becasue she has cancer cells from the tumor, they found out my wonderful stepfather may have cancer, my tire blew out this morning, my hall is closing 5 months before my wedding....shall I continue? I can not afford to stress every day over what is going to happen to my wedding money if they were to close.
I know I was one of the more positive ones who booked JA's/HC, but really, one person can only handle so much in a week.
So I am calling tomorrow and getting back my deposit... Atleast I found another place that I kinda like, right?
PS:
Shamma, LizLen and Latina511, TOm had nothign but wonderful things to say about all of you.