I'm Backing out of JA's and Booking CB before it's too Late...
Original post by aliasPook
I have finally come to a decision. (Pending Fi's approval of the video from the place) I am getting back my deposit from John Anthony's and booking Chateau Briand...
This was the hardest decision I have had to make so far. First of all, I had myself convinced that I would hate the place (CB) before I had even stepped in there. I wanted my hall off to the side of a deserted road, not on Old Country Road. Secondly, my friends all had me convinced it was very glass and marble-y...it's not. It was art deco. It was different and I liked different.
Next. Tom Wright, the Banquet Manager...OMG...
this
man
is
wonderful!
!!!!!!!!!
He not only matched my price, but he threw in some extras AND he made my menu from JA's match the menu they were offering and I won't have to reprint my menu cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Only my reception cards!!!!!! And he gave me the 1/2 of hospitality and he gave me one extra course. They were so nice to work with and so understanding.
The only things now that I have to worry about are fi's approval, centerpieces which JA's threw in and the reception cards. However, I would be dealing with 5 months of pure stress of will they or won't they be open...
I have had the absolute worst week that I have had since the whole robbery thing in March~(some of you may remember that thread...) My stepsister who lost the baby now has to start Chemo becasue she has cancer cells from the tumor, they found out my wonderful stepfather may have cancer, my tire blew out this morning, my hall is closing 5 months before my wedding....shall I continue? I can not afford to stress every day over what is going to happen to my wedding money if they were to close.
I know I was one of the more positive ones who booked JA's/HC, but really, one person can only handle so much in a week.
So I am calling tomorrow and getting back my deposit... Atleast I found another place that I kinda like, right?
PS: Shamma, LizLen and Latina511, TOm had nothign but wonderful things to say about all of you.
shamma
Posted:
Member since
Re: I'm Backing out of JA's and Booking CB before it's too Late...
Sweetie, I was thinking of you and wondering what you were going thru. I could not plan with the uncertainty. Can I just tell you, on your day of you will be treated like a Queen, if I had to do my wedding over today, it would be hands down CB no questions asked. What rooms do you have??? I wish you all the best and nothing but stress free days going fwd. I know this cannot possibly be easy for you.
aliasPook
Posted:
Member since
Re: I'm Backing out of JA's and Booking CB before it's too Late...
Shamma~I have Davinci for reception and Saturnia/Promenade for the cocktail hour. I went in there thinking I was going to hate it and I really really liked it.
Overall, I still liked JA's better, but I know that I made the right choice. They threw in alot of extras which I would have had to pay for at JA's and I fell in love with the photography rooms. They were beautiful.
They have nothing but praises to say about you when I mention LIW...They even showed me your thank you card. It was beautiful!
Sweetpea
Posted:
Member since
Re: I'm Backing out of JA's and Booking CB before it's too Late...
I did get my full deposit back. I have the saturnia/promenade. I am very happy with my choice