Post New Topic

probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

Original post by angl2001

SO since the guest list got a bit outta contral FH and I were talking about canceling the HM if we just postpone it we wpnt be able to tak it until net spring!! We have $400 down on it right now that we will lose by canceling. We have to ay it off by the end of the month we didnt book airfare yet...with the airfare we still owe 3K I am sooooooooooooo upset i was really looking forward to it! FH doesnt think we should take the chance of paying for it and then get more YES RSVPS than we thought, and have to come up with another 2-3K to pay for the seats at the RH!!! ALSO if we postpone it we will be paying double cause we booked suring the 50% off promo!!! ugh!!!!!!!!!!
we are gonna make our decision in the next few weeks but i am soooooo bumed out right now. Nothing like being sick and sad at the same time
i need a hug!

Thanks for listening.
debismom Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset


Posted by angl2001

SO since the guest list got a bit outta contral FH and I were talking about canceling the HM if we just postpone it we wpnt be able to tak it until net spring!! We have $400 down on it right now that we will lose by canceling. We have to ay it off by the end of the month we didnt book airfare yet...with the airfare we still owe 3K I am sooooooooooooo upset i was really looking forward to it! FH doesnt think we should take the chance of paying for it and then get more YES RSVPS than we thought, and have to come up with another 2-3K to pay for the seats at the RH!!! ALSO if we postpone it we will be paying double cause we booked suring the 50% off promo!!! ugh!!!!!!!!!!
we are gonna make our decision in the next few weeks but i am soooooo bumed out right now. Nothing like being sick and sad at the same time
i need a hug!

Thanks for listening.




Mary MOB
mrsblesie2b Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

I'm sorry!! Hopefully it all works out
alymikewedding08 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

I definitely hope it works out for you!!! Lots of hugs for you!!
angl2001 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

thanks ladies now i am wishing i kept the HM registry!!! lol we will hopefully be ok....if we dont take it now we will never take it cause we are planning on getting pregnant right away but thats ok if we have to we will do something local i was just really hoping to get away.........after the year we had i think we deserve it!

Thanks for all your kind words suggestions and hugs!
bluegreen08 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

can you add a honeymoon registry now?

if you're worried about having to rebook later at full price, we rushed to book the 'last day' of the 50% off sale and it's been continually extended since then.

I would mention something to family/friends and see if they might be able to give their gifts early so you can pay off the honeymoon now, or maybe use some gift money to do it?

I know you have a loan to pay off, but is it immediately due right after the wedding or could you pay it off a few months later? The interest shouldn't be that much...

or maybe return some shower gifts to BBB for cash...

Worst case, cancel the honeymoon and see if you can take a small weekend trip to atlantic city or a bed & breakfast?

the best part is you'll be married!!!
MikeandJess Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

I'm sorry Heather It's so nice of you and FH to sacrifice your HM for your guests. I say give it a few more days and see if you get more no responses then you expected, maybe you can still go on your HM! Don't worry about the 50% off promo, they'll run it again!
Snick n Nick Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

so sorry to hear that....hope it all works out!! keep in mind that if you do postpone the 50% off sale comes around a bunch of times every year--maybe you can get it again!!
MCA1180 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

Sorry to hear... Maybe you can shorten the amount of time you planned on staying, and book a lower room category???

Also, maybe you could get a loan from both sets of parents... that way one set of parents don't have to feel like it's such a big chunk of change... I'm sure they'll understand you're in a bind and maybe they can help out...

I dunno... maybe dumb, but just suggestions... Hopefully you get some no's back soon...

Yeah, and that 50% promo has been ongoing like forever lol
Soon2beAlberti Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

oh nooooooo!!! do you think there is any possibility that a very close family member is planning on giving you a decent monetary gift for the wedding? maybe if they are very close you could get it early? it'd be a shame to spend more money in the long run.


lovebear7800 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

i'm sorry it will all workout.
wundmoretime Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

Why not do a honeymoon registry? Or get a second job. I just started a second job (my own business) to help pay for the wedding expenses. I found an easy job that I make my own hours and set my schedule. I made pretty good money this month and I have 6 months plus to go. Hopefully it will dent a couple k's into the budget. Because of the tight budget, we decided no honeymoon then my sister surprised us this week by telling us that we need one and she is paying for it! We just need spending cash in an upscale resort-couple hundred a day. I am still waiting for the full details from her. You can do a small trip for now and save up to go away on your one year anniversary. It stinks, but you have your life together but only one wedding day.

Nechama1 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

I hope you figure it all out. good luck!! Hopefully OOT people won't come to the wedding! (But still send a gift b/c theyre so touched you invited them?? )
CNC4eva3402 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

Awww!! I really, really hope it works out for you! Hopefully some of your OOT guests will RSVP soon that they aren't coming! I have no idea if it'll work but being in the bride-to-be negotiating mind-set ( ) try calling your resort and telling them your situation. Let them know you might have to cancel and see if they can do anything for you??

Wish you the best!
nifheim Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

honesty in the end its something more to look forward to. I am working two jobs and even with that we couldn't afford a hm right after the wedding since we are paying for teh wedding 100%.

so we are doing var. hm. the week of is just AC which is only $98-$150 a night in a reg. casino. Then in June doing Ireland and then in xmas we are doing Disney.

SO in the end we get to do more.
ChristineAaron08 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

aww- im sorry

hopefully you can just postpone and go during the summer..or maybe change the HM to something cheaper...or go for a few days only

Munchkn16 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

kristin597 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

Im sorry
angl2001 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset


Posted by wundmoretime

Why not do a honeymoon registry? Or get a second job. I just started a second job (my own business) to help pay for the wedding expenses. I found an easy job that I make my own hours and set my schedule. I made pretty good money this month and I have 6 months plus to go. Hopefully it will dent a couple k's into the budget. Because of the tight budget, we decided no honeymoon then my sister surprised us this week by telling us that we need one and she is paying for it! We just need spending cash in an upscale resort-couple hundred a day. I am still waiting for the full details from her. You can do a small trip for now and save up to go away on your one year anniversary. It stinks, but you have your life together but only one wedding day.



i had knee surgery in spet and still not fully recovered my dr. doesnt even want me doing what i do now at work...getting a 2nd job will be out of the question....i dont know anything about my shower but i THINK the invotes are out already so adding the HM rgistry is a no go.....we will see hopefully it will work out if not ill suck it up! thanks for your advice!
MayWeddingGrl Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset

sorry this is happening. Do you think if you charged the HM now, that the monetary gifts the guests will give will be able to cover the HM on your credit cards?

angl2001 Posted:

Re: probobly canceling or postponing HM :( so upset


Posted by MayWeddingGrl

sorry this is happening. Do you think if you charged the HM now, that the monetary gifts the guests will give will be able to cover the HM on your credit cards?



refuse to used CCs and everythign we get from gifts is going right back to the bank to pay off the LOAN we took out for the wedding cause i refused to move our wedding date again! ( we moved it 2 times already)

Reply to this topic

Log in to reply or quote a post.