Thatched Cottage Brides - Long Island Weddings
i dont know much about these things and im not a TC bride but i know that this is usually not a last resort move but rather a preventative move. i hope everything goes well for you ladies though!
i dont know much about these things and im not a TC bride but i know that this is usually not a last resort move but rather a preventative move. i hope everything goes well for you ladies though!
My wedding is scheduled for August at Thatched Cottage and of course I have no idea what to do now. We are too close to cancel and get our deposit back but are not opposed to losing the deposit if we find somewhere else... is anyone else in the same boat? I've tried calling around other venues but as I am sure many TC couples will agree.. we are there because it is NOT any other LI venue. Has any one else found somewhere else? Trying not to panic yet!
I'm freaking.. My wedding is may 4th and I have no idea what to do. I spoke to the owner today and expressed my concern. He said that he is 1,000% positive that everything is OK and the weddings will take place. But this still makes me nervous because anything can happen. I think it was shady that thatched cottage didn't let us know before hand! Why did we have to find out through online and such….I have 11,000 invested in thatched cottage. It's too close to cancel because I will loose everything. I am going to start to call around and see what the going rates are right now at other venues. I don't want something to happen last minute before the wedding and then I can't find anywhere. Hang in everyone.. xoxo
thanks.. I actually worked at the Milleridge for a long time- not sure if I want to go there! but the inside is really pretty. definitely an option though!
Just wondering- has anyone who is within 8 months of the event date successfully cancelled the contract?
I am getting married in August here and I am starting to get worried. I have a meeting tomorrow night with Maureen to discuss. Should I start looking for another hall and kiss the $5000 deposit goodbye or is chapter 11 keeping me safe from them closing their doors?
How do I get a letter securing my money and date?
I spoke with the owner just a little while ago and he was great. I'm not canceling, I'm confident that everything will be fine. If you are worried call and ask to make an appointment because I feel 100xs better.
No I'm def staying and see your wedding is August 2nd and I'm on the third. Best of luck to you and if I hear anything else I will post.
I'm staying with them too. Good luck ladies!
Mine is in july....wr put 8k down. Im so upset and stressed bc I cant live with the what if...he said he doesnt control his money anymore but thatvat some point we shoul be abke to get our money back. Uve bern calling other places....just so afraid to lose 8k
See when I spoke to them and the lawyer they said bc I'm less than 8 months away I would lose the $5000 I already put down. And as long as they have the business I rely believe they will stay open as business as usual.
I'm getting married at TC on July 12, 2014. I'm sticking with TC; the fact that the owner went so public (radio, tv interviews), and even sent me a personal letter in the mail reassuring me everything would be fine, seems like he really has his heart in this place and isn't just going to back out because he's waiting on the $2 FEMA money. If he didn't care, he would've filed for Chapter 7 and we would lose all our deposits and get nothing. So I'm holding out and not changing my venue. If everyone cancels and books elsewhere, you're not even giving them a chance!
*Another thing - restaurants file for Chapter 7 all the time (ever wonder why out of the blue a restaurant that's been around for a while suddenly changes its name/ownership?). Chapter 7 is definitely abused as a way to milk the system, cash out, then open up a new shop down the street. The fact that the TC owner Ralph didn't file for Chapter 7 is pretty strong evidence he's not going to just liquidate, pack up, and move elsewhere and start a new business. As many others have said.. Chapter 11 is bankruptcy protection, not full-on bankruptcy.
Emilyj I agree with you. If everyone sticks by him and not cancel everything will be fine. The fact that he went so public and sent us all letters shows he is not looking to close down. I'm not going to lie I was nervous at first but after speaking directly with him and he gave me his cell number. My fiancé and I think the best decision is stay plus I love the venue. I don't want to go somewhere else. I hope everyone sticks by TC.
After so much consideration, many tears, and wondering why...my fiance and I have decided to book elsewhere. We have a few appointments with venues this week. We are hoping to get our deposit back without a problem since we have more than 8 months notice. I can't live with the 'what ifs' and risking what is supposed to be the best day ever. I don't know that I can feel as enamored with another venue, but I can't hold on to what may be a ghost of the wedding we imagined.