Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Bellport Country Club - reception location

Brentwood Country Club - reception location

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Hyatt Regency Long Island - reception location

Marco Photo - photo

Mansions

Posted By

NEW Anyone using checks from their credit cards to pay for wedding?

jlm2004

Board Enthusiast

115 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
Oct 10 2004

WEDDING LOCATION
New York City

None of my wedding vendors will take credit cards and I'm a bit disappointed I won't be getting any miles for any of these expenses!!!

All of my credit card companies said if I do use the checks they send - I won't get bonus points or miles and I will accrue huge fees and finance charges even if I pay it off right away (or even prepay the charges)

Does anyone know a way around this?
Does anyone have a credit card that allows them to write checks and still get rewards on their account?

I'm sure we would all love to get some major miles for all these bills coming in these days!

Posted By

NEW Re: Anyone using checks from their credit cards to pay for wedding?

eliz808

Board Fanatic

388 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/5/2005 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Essex House, NYC

Most of my vendors allow credit cards.

Posted By

NEW Re: Anyone using checks from their credit cards to pay for wedding?

OCT1203

OCT1203

Board Fanatic

958 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/12/2003 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
NORTH RITZ CLUB

We did this with our rent and with one vendor. We didn't get points but we just needed to have the actual cash on hand. We just did it last month and will pay it off the end of this month so we won't really have too many fees. One of my cards at 1.7% finance charge and 3% tranaction fee which came out to be about $26 and for us it was worth it because we really could use the cash. We also figured if we got stuck and didn't have enough money we could use these as backup but luckly we are good!

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
b-1502

b-1502
$170.00