ELluvsMB

ELluvsMB

I love being his wife

2274 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/24/2009 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
VIP Country Club

Does anyone know if you need a permit to take photos in central park?? If so how much?

My E-pics session is in a few weeks and I thought we would go there but our photog says CP is over rated and a hassel to get a permit. Since we live in NYC It's always been where I wanted to go but now I'm not so sure.

▼ 3474 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/11/2008 2:00 PM
Posted By

NEW Re: Central Park Permit?

Maria31

Maria31

IN LOVE WITH MY PROOFS!

3474 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/11/2008 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club

No. That's where we took our Epics and didnt need one!

▼ 2274 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/24/2009 4:00 PM
Posted By

ELluvsMB

ELluvsMB

I love being his wife

2274 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
VIP Country Club

Posted by Maria31

Really?? I don't get why our photog was so against going there. He said he's encountered problems in the past and doesn't want to risk getting kicked out.

▼ 3497 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 12/27/2008 2:00 PM
Posted By

RockysGirl

Fairy Tales Wish They Were Us

3497 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/27/2008 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
PINE HOLLOW INN

that would surprise me if you DO need a permit. It's a park. Should be free. But I even get mad that you gotta pay to go into beaches too. That's so stupid in my opinion. But whatever.

Central Park would be a BEAUTIFUL place to do pictures. As long as there aren't any weirdos in the background. lol. I woulda gone there for mine if i lived in the city. Didn't wanna get on the train all dressed up

▼ 4888 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/26/2007 3:00 PM
Posted By

MnM52607

MnM52607

Forever & Always

4888 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/26/2007 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
El Caribe

We took our wedding pictures there. As far as I know, we didn't need a permit. Unless the photographers took care of that without telling us.

▼ 53753 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/17/2008 2:30 PM
Posted By

Espo22

Espo22

RIP Fortunata 5-17-09

53753 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/17/2008 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

Posted by ELluvsMB

Posted by Maria31

Really?? I don't get why our photog was so against going there. He said he's encountered problems in the past and doesn't want to risk getting kicked out.

where is he located? he might say this just bc he doesn't want to travel lol. But ALOT of girls on here took e-pics there

Posted By

ELluvsMB

ELluvsMB

I love being his wife

2274 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
VIP Country Club

Posted by Espo22

Posted by ELluvsMB

Posted by Maria31

where is he located? he might say this just bc he doesn't want to travel lol. But ALOT of girls on here took e-pics there

He's in LI but has no problem coming into the city. I guess he just said he had a bad experience there once and got chased away by the cops so he doesn't want to go back...but he said if I got the permit he would. I just don't know if we even need one.

▼ 53753 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/17/2008 2:30 PM
Posted By

Espo22

Espo22

RIP Fortunata 5-17-09

53753 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/17/2008 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

Posted by ELluvsMB

Posted by Espo22

Posted by ELluvsMB

Posted by Maria31

He's in LI but has no problem coming into the city. I guess he just said he had a bad experience there once and got chased away by the cops so he doesn't want to go back...but he said if I got the permit he would. I just don't know if we even need one.

you can find out this info online...i would get it just to be safe.

I took my e-pics at gantry park in LIC queens which was right on the water, and had no problems. I went back for my wedding day to take a few pics and they kicked us out, since i had been there before i thought it would be no problem and you dont need a permit, since last time a park worker saw me. I wish i would've known so i wouldn't have gotten kicked out.

Google central park permits, find any info you can. There should be something on nyc state parks and other parks and if you need a permit or not

▼ 348 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 5/30/2009 2:00 PM
Posted By

JCJinMay

Board Fanatic

348 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/30/2009 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
VIP country club

I just took my epics 2 weeks ago in central park and you DO NOT need a permit. It was fine. We were there for a little over an hour.

▼ 3474 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 10/11/2008 2:00 PM
Posted By

Maria31

Maria31

IN LOVE WITH MY PROOFS!

3474 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/11/2008 2:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
North Ritz Club

Posted by ELluvsMB

Posted by Maria31

Hmm... maybe he encountered a problem with cops and got kicked out, but I doubt it has anything to do with photography! You def don't need a permit, but if he doesn't want to go there, I'd pick a diff place I guess...

▼ 11077 POSTS | WEDDING DATE 12/27/2008 4:00 PM
Posted By

bluekat16

bluekat16

Mrs. K

11077 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
12/27/2008 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace - Dome Room - A++++++++++

Posted by Espo22

Posted by ELluvsMB

Posted by Espo22

Posted by ELluvsMB

Posted by Maria31

you can find out this info online...i would get it just to be safe.

I took my e-pics at gantry park in LIC queens which was right on the water, and had no problems. I went back for my wedding day to take a few pics and they kicked us out, since i had been there before i thought it would be no problem and you dont need a permit, since last time a park worker saw me. I wish i would've known so i wouldn't have gotten kicked out.

Google central park permits, find any info you can. There should be something on nyc state parks and other parks and if you need a permit or not

Denise, When I called to ask if I needed a permit for Gantry they said if I had a wedding dress on i'd need a permit, but if I was in my regular close I wouldn't need a permit. They have these regulations now in NY about filming and taking pictures so even for weddings they require permits. Technically they require permits for other pics..but they can't distinguish when you're in your regular clothes cause you could be a tourist and then you're a llowed to take pics...it's kinda just nonsense IMO.

MESSAGE EDITED9/11/2008 1:28:48 PM

POSTED 9/11/08 1:28 PM

Posted By

ELluvsMB

ELluvsMB

I love being his wife

2274 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
VIP Country Club

Thanks girls. I just called Central Park (threre's a special # for photography) and I left a message. I'll let you know what they say. From what it says on the website you only need a permit if you're having an event (ie a wedding) and it's only $100 for that.

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Celebrate

Celebrate
$135.00

b-1502

b-1502
$170.00

CONTACT | SITEMAP | ADVERTISING |
PRIVACY |© COPYRIGHT
|      BRIDALPLANNERGROUP.COM