debsey75

debsey75

Attitude? Who me?

2550 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/20/2006 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Villa Lombardi's

Ok, so I have meet with a few limo companies and I am soooo confused. They all included 20% gratuity in the final price but then a few companies also mentioned that they drivers should be given an additional tip the day of. What is the 20% for then?

Did any of you tip the drivers in addition to the 20%?

Posted By

NEW Re: Limo tipping question

Mikeysgirl

Mikeysgirl

"I'm Addicted"

1914 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/20/2007 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Leonard's

I don't know the answer to your question because I have not started limo shopping yet but I would not give the driver an extra tip unless they did a really amazing job. 20% is enough. Maybe you could suggest paying the 20% directly to the driver.

Posted By

sarahradio5

sarahradio5

I love my HUSBAND!!!

6695 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/12/2006 1:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
My DREAM place!

I KNOW! It's so stupid, but seems to be customary! There are a lot of things in wedding planning that are "plus gratuity"... but then you have to tip them. That includes the reception price per person... I hear my place "expects an additional $1200 "tip" for the maitre' d the night of the wedding!!" Funny... I'm already paying XXXamount per person, plus tax and gratuity.

Posted By

debsey75

debsey75

Attitude? Who me?

2550 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Villa Lombardi's

Yeah well we just read our DJ contract and noticed the real small print on the bottom that says "a 10%-20% gratuity is appreciated"
Well I am going to hang that same sign on my desk tomorrow at work and see if anyone tips me for doing my job.

Posted By

sarahradio5

sarahradio5

I love my HUSBAND!!!

6695 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
My DREAM place!

Posted by debsey75

Yeah well we just read our DJ contract and noticed the real small print on the bottom that says "a 10%-20% gratuity is appreciated"
Well I am going to hang that same sign on my desk tomorrow at work and see if anyone tips me for doing my job.

Good luck with that! lol. I think we're all in the wrong business!

Posted By

afrodyt2000

Starting over

2298 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/11/2012 12:00 PM

My company included the 20% gratuity so I'm just paying one flat fee to the driver that night.

Posted By

lauren09

lauren09

I'M MARRIED!!!!!

1281 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/18/2006 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Carlyle on the Green - A+

the companies i met with all said the the gratuity was included in the package price and no additional $ was expected.

Posted By

06NovBride

06NovBride

We're Married

2976 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/24/2006 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
East Wind

The company we booked with included a 20% gratuity and said if the driver goes above and beyond then we could tip him, if not it's covered in the cost of the limo.

Posted By

debsey75

debsey75

Attitude? Who me?

2550 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Villa Lombardi's

I am just nervous that we are going to pay the 20% when we pay the total but then the driver is going to be standing there waiting for his/her envelope. 20% on top of the price is alot already, especially because we are doing 4 hrs on the 3 cars.
I just dont understand why they would (2 different places) tell me 20% gratuity but then "please take care of the drivers" as well.

Posted By

kmkelly

kmkelly

NEWLYWED !!!!!

2418 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/25/2006 11:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Giorgio's at Fox Hill

Those I spoke with that included the tip in the contract stated that anything additional was optional. IMO if the tip is included, you're done. Unless you want to throw the driver something extra. They should never tell you to 'take care of the driver' when they've already included the tip in the contracted amount.

Posted By

Mrs. dleeny

Mrs. dleeny

My most beautiful day ever

2435 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/6/2005 5:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Swan Club A+

Posted by debsey75

good one!

Posted By

SummerBride06

SummerBride06

SummerBaby08 on the way!!

3825 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/8/2006 10:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor A+

if my driver does something extraordinary, i'll give an extra tip. but 20% is more than enough

Posted By

sarahradio5

sarahradio5

I love my HUSBAND!!!

6695 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
My DREAM place!

What would you all say is an "extra tip? for a limo driver, whose gratuity was already included in the original fee? 20 bucks? 100? Just wondering...

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
luxe

luxe
$135.00

ea364

ea364
$145.00