Long Island Weddings Vendors ▼

Brentwood Country Club - reception location

Mediterranean Manor Caterers - reception location

Bellport Country Club - reception location

The Village Club at Lake Success - reception location

M & V Limousines - undefined

Interactive Placecards

Posted By

NEW My hair/makeup trial... Here is how it all went down... Okay.. Updated with a thought! hmmmm....

SIBride06

SIBride06

7246 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/26/2006 2:00 PM

So I went for my hair / makeup trial today. Did I LOVE my hair??? NO. I feel that my hair is too high on top and with all the curls, it looks so short in the front

SIBride06

(This is me with no makeup yet).

Look at my side profile... I do like how the stylist (Felicia) made some curls fall over my veil...

SIBride06

(Still looks short though)

Here is a nice shot of my tiara:

SIBride06

(Hair is still too high)

And for makeup:

Look how awesome my eyes came out:

SIBride06

SIBride06

SIBride06

I love my makeup although I feel that the bottom line was too thick & my lipstick is way too light.
http://www.liweddings.com/mywedding/album/i/59956.jpg

SIBride06

Me after I got home and took off some of the bottom liner & added a darker lipstick:

SIBride06

I ended up booking for both hair & makeup. I discussed with my stylist how I wanted a little more of a softer look for my hair.. she seemed to understand my concern and was offering some suggestions on what she can do to make it better

What do you girls think?

------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, Im going to be honest.. I do not like my hair at all. Its NOT me I think I want to go for another trial & try wearing my hair uplike this:

Do you think I can pull that off???

Below is a pic of my dress... What do you think, hair up or hair down??

Im going for the timeless, elegant look

SIBride06

SIBride06

MESSAGE EDITED7/9/2006 10:06:53 AM

POSTED 7/8/06 10:08 PM

Posted By

NEW Re: My hair/makeup trial... Here is how it all went down...

Happybride2005

Happybride2005

SPRING IS ALMOST HERE

-12810 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/18/2005 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Ariana Waterfall A+++++++++

u look beautiful without the makeup. i like the darker lipstick. your eyes came out amazing

Posted By

Jweb17

Jweb17

Board Fanatic

485 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/13/2006 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Westbury Manor

you look great!! I think you're hair looks beautiful and the makeup looks very pretty!

Posted By

ncd623

Board Fanatic

655 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/13/2006 12:00 AM

I think you make-up is awesome and really so is your hair, I think she just needs to use a bigger iron for larger, softer curls.

Posted By

kara10152006

kara10152006

RSVP's 49 YES 3 NO

1435 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/15/2006 3:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked

I agree with you, I think the top is a little too tall and the curls in front should be longer and maybe a little fuller. I also think your makeup looks beautiful!!

Posted By

Awhite80

Board Fanatic

665 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/18/2006 4:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Finished

you look gorgeous.

you look like ashley judd. especially that picture of you with the blusher covering your face.

gorgeous!

Posted By

jantany26

Beyond Obsession

8280 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/14/2010 1:00 PM

honestly, you are such a beautiful girl that you don't even need the makeup to look good.

Congrats !!

Posted By

BKtoLI

BKtoLI

Some things just never change

8497 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2006 4:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace - A++

The makeup is gorgeous, and you do look better with a slightly darker lipstick.

You are right though about the top, it should be a little different.

But you could never look bad anyway, Janie!!!

Posted By

sami

He answered all my praying

1095 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/20/2006 12:00 AM

uh Helllloowww your makeup is GORGEOUS i love it u look very pretty!

Posted By

jes81276

jes81276

"I'm Addicted"

1511 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/21/2006 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hamlet at Willow Creek

I totally know how you feel about you hair. The SAME thing happened to me...although my hair is long, with it half up and half down, I felt like there was not enough down and it looked like I had short thin hair. I decided to do mine up that day, but I have to say that I think yours looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By

jandt2006

jandt2006

"I'm Addicted"

1611 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/30/2006 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

she probably thought because you had a larger tiara that your hair needed to be up more to show it off, it is a little too high but i love the style, maybe if she did it lower. very pretty though!

Posted By

lcherian

lcherian

I'm a Mrs.!!

1544 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/24/2006 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Hyatt Wind Watch

your makeup looks awesome! i agree with you on the hair---it should be a little more soft/romantic looking, and less of a curling iron/hairsprayed look.

Posted By

ChrissynRicky

Board Princess

14598 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2006 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Fox Hollow - Woodbury, NY

Janie - I LOVE the job they did! The makeup is absolutely perfect, and the hair could be where you want it, as long as she tames it down a bit....but she is a great stylist (can tell from her work) and I have full confidence that she'll achieve exactly what you want.

Posted By

NEW Re: My hair/makeup trial... Here is how it all went down... Okay.. Updated with a thought! hmmmm....

kissy27

kissy27

Sweet Memories

10862 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
3/31/2006 4:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Floral Terrace

You look gorgeous Janie!!! I like the darker lipstick though! I happen to like your hair!!!

Posted By

NEW Re: My hair/makeup trial... Here is how it all went down... Okay.. Updated with a thought! hmmmm....

ChrissynRicky

Board Princess

14598 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/30/2006 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Fox Hollow - Woodbury, NY

I love the half up half down on you...it's gorgeous....I'm not so into the new up do you posted. Sorry booba.

Posted By

roxyvelas

roxyvelas

Board Fanatic

839 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/26/2006 2:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
George Washington Manor

I think that half up half down looks great. Just tell her not to make it as high and it will be perfect. The curls are so pretty

Posted By

glinda_goodwitch

glinda_goodwitch

I married my best friend...

8506 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/17/2006 5:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Jericho Terrace

I love the makeup, especially the changes that you made to it. I do agree that the lipstick was too light. But the shade you chose later on is perfect! I totally agree that the hair is a bit high on top. I LOVE the updo that you want to try next. I think it will look great with you face and will really compliment the dress. I can't wait to see pics of it on you!

Posted By

tonimike

tonimike

Im a Wife E'

4482 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/18/2007 4:00 PM

Janie, I had to drop in, You look stunning. I absoutely luv luv luv your make up. I know what u mean about your hair, im in the same boat, Maybe just tell her to not make curls, but waves, that way it wont look shorter.. That way it will also bring the height down too,,

But u trully look stunning,,

Posted By

chrissyandvin

chrissyandvin

Our New HOME!!!!

7747 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/31/2007 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Villa Lombardi's

You are such a BEAUTIFUL girl!! Your eyes look amazing! I think your hair would look good anyway you put it! And that dress... wow!!! You are going to look stunning!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By

ewickens

ewickens

We have a PUPPY!!!

13578 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/16/2006 10:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Brentwood Country Club A++

I love the look, but you need to be happy - so in my opinion, I think you should go for a 2nd trial and see what you like best! There are some girls here who needed the 2nd, 3rd, 4th trials to feel they finally got the right look!! Good luck!!

Posted By

GsCM4EVA

"I'm Addicted"

2481 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/13/2006 12:00 AM

Janie!
To tell you my honest opinion-I DO like the hair-but-like you said, you are not totally happy w/it...
Maybe it is a bit too high in back.....Did she put in a scrunchy foamy thing in your hair??

I LOVE the makeup tho!!!!!

You look beautiful!

Posted By

cmastro25

cmastro25

Ah ... Married Life!!!

3366 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
5/21/2006 11:30 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Chateau La Mer

I think your mu looks amazing. You look good with both lip colors. I aggree your hair is a bit high but otherwise it looks great. I love the curls over your veil. Very nice. Also keep in mind that when you are fully dressed in wedding attire, it will look a lot better. After my trial, I was like, woah, I never wear my hair this tall or put on this much makeup. But it all just goes together when you are dolled up like a princess.

Posted By

gNi1125

gNi1125

Caught my lobster!

5521 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/4/2006 1:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Russo's on The Bay

Janie...you look stunning!!! I agree your hair is a little high but that's totally fixable. As for how short your hair looks in the front it's only because of how tight your curls are. They start loosening up pretty quick so I wouldn't touch that. Your eyes are amazing but your lips look much better with the darker color you used. But girl you really do look beautiful!!!

Posted By

bridy06

bridy06

An amazing wedding!!!!

1368 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
1/2/2001 3:00 PM

I am a fan of all hair up...

With your dress (and purty face, of course) I think it would be stunning!

Posted By

beautyq115

beautyq115

Board Princess

16052 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
7/16/2006 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Swan Club...AMAZING

You look gorgeous...I would say all up...since we are talking August here

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the Long Island Weddings Shop.
Oslo

Oslo
$325.00