Affordable Escapes: Smart Ways To Save On Your Dream Post Wedding Getaway
Jan 18, 2017 07:53 PM Back
Every couple DREAMS of escaping MONTHS and MONTHS of wedding planning and finding themselves of a faraway paradise. But, paradise frequently comes with a pretty hefty price. So, how can you have your wedding cake and eat it too, when it comes to booking your dream honeymoon? Here are a few savvy ways to save.affordable vacation affordable vacations long island weddings liweddings
- Timing Is Everything: My husband and I postponed our honeymoon. True enough we had another major family obligation shortly after our “I Dos” (An aunt and uncle’s 50th anniversary which acted as a mini moon) but still…booking an off season escape a year later saved us a significant amount and we were able to take three weeks to enjoy it. Consider planning well in advance and opting for off season or shoulder season deals and packages.
- Flight Patterns: Travel experts assert that besides flying during off peak seasons, it’s best to pick locations that offer DIRECT flights….and PLENTY of them.
- Advance Purchases: For best prices start thinking about your honeymoon as soon as possible and book your dream destination at least six months in advance. According to experts booking early may mean resorts throwing in a few freebies including a free night, spa treatment or complimentary excursions.
- Don’t Go A-La Carte: Look for package deals that include getting there plus staying there. Flight-hotel deals are quite common if you know where to look and how to book and they may even give you other perks including free checked bags which could add up to $100 per couple.
- Savy Packing: Bring necessary basics on this once in a lifetime vacation including your own shampoo, razors, sunscreen, and other sundries that may not be complimentary and will cost more than you bargained for at the local (tourist) hot spot.
- Hassle Free Getaways: Cruises are an ideal alternative for couples looking to save. With packages including food and entertainment starting at $370 per person (with options excursions for an additional fee) cruises are the ultimate in all-inclusive escapes.
Welcome New Vendors