Sensational Long Island Summer Nuptials: Keep Cool and Have Fun
Jul 17, 2019 11:50 AM Back
While fall and winter weddings promise a warm and cozy atmosphere, spring and summer weddings are all about “breaking loose” and having some fun in the sun.
Here are a few ingenious ideas for a cool but hot summer celebration.
1. A Day in the Park: Exchange your “I Dos” in your favorite park/local hot spot and set up a signature drink station to keep guest hydrated. Think sun tea, pink lemonade and other non-alcoholic beverages for everyone to enjoy.
2. Offer up Proper Protection: From sun visors, fans and parasols to bug spray, cool compress and sunscreen stations, set up places where your guests can stay properly protected for your outdoor celebration.
3. Deep Blue Bouquets: Consider walking down the aisle with a bouquet inspired by the deep blue sea. Think coral colored florals among corals… or how about a seashell bouquet. And, for your groom and his guys…how about a starfish boutonniere.
4. Headstrong Statements: Let your little ladies (a.k.a. your flower girls) make a statement with seashell or floral headbands that won’t wilt under the hot summer sun.
5. Pocket Panache: It’s hip to be square this summer season. Think bright, bold pocket squares, like yellow, orange or sea foam green gingham.
6. Bench Your Guests: Authentic rustic wedding celebrations calls for wooden tables with wooden benches for both ceremony and reception celebration. Consider adding some summer accents such as bold blue, green, yellow, orange or red trim. And, don’t rule out dining al fresco.
7. Opt For Feminine Florals: Dress your ladies in airy floral dresses that are seasonal, sophisticated and oh, so, lady-like.
8. Southern Accents: Replace bridal party bouquets with pretty parasols.
9. Sand-sational Inspiration: From artistic and elaborate sandcastles and sand art to writings in the sand…it’s about creating a photo opportunity and a picture-perfect day.
10. Crème de la Crème desserts: Add an authentic sorbet and gelato station to your celebration. You can have guests build their own sundaes, create their own flavors, or even made their own ices or snow cones. This truly refreshing idea also promises to be a lot of cool fun for everyone.
11. Fun and Games: Outdoor celebrations call for fun in the sun. Serve some up with lawn games such as swings (especially for the kids), horseshoes, croquet, etc…especially during your cocktail hour.
Welcome New Vendors