Take Me to Paris: Hosting a Chic French Soiree on Long Island
Jun 26, 2019 02:50 PM Back
Always dreamed of getting married in Paris? Well now you can have your petite fours and eat them too. Here is one way host and elegant and éclat Parisian party right here at home on Long Island.
1. Pick and Intimate Yet Atmospheric Location: The French (at least most of them) know that less is often more and so they tend to lean toward the elegantly understated. Consider a French restaurant or bistro of a small garden estate or arboretum. Lofts are also ideal locations for posh Parisian inspired parties.
2. Keep Décor Light and Ethereal: Nothing says whimsy, femininity and flair quite like French fashion. Make sure your décor is minimal but marvelous with plenty of French elements including the Eiffel Tower, delicate (pastel) florals, and lots of elegant accents.
3. Make sure fare is fresh, French, fabulous and light: Keep cuisine simple yet “sophisticated”. Opt for light, fresh fare and plenty of wine. Think coq au vin, escargot, ratatouille, cassoulet, quiche, confit de canard salad nicoise, and much, much more. You will also want to make sure your menu consists of farm to table selections that assure it will be fresh and tasty.
4. Wine and Dine: Besides the main meal and the authentic French appetizers, we recommend plenty of fine wines and champagne. You will also want to serve up a kir…a popular cocktail made with white wine and a sweet red blackcurrant liquor called crème de cassis. Consider setting up wine tasting stations for extra flair and finesse.
5. Maintain a Fashion-Forward Style: Think sexy yet sophisticated. Pick a dress for you (and your girls) that is flowing, light, lacy and classically couture. If you’ve got great legs opt for something short and sassy. Slim silhouettes can opt for long and sleek with plunging necklines or backs and curvy girls can opt for a sexy suit that’s “edgy” but elegant. Keep shoes fun and feminine with plenty of lace and sexy straps. Galant gents should consider a trendy but tapered and tailored three piece suit of slacks, shirt, tie and contrasting sport coat or blazer.
6. Picture Perfect Photos: Pick a place with plenty of ambiance and stage your photo shoot to be simple but chic…keep your expressions and your photo session “au natural”.
7. Posh Parting Gifts: The French are known for being romantic….so give the gift of love. Consider offering all those in attendance a bottle of fine wine, a meal to your favorite French restaurant or even a recipe for one of your all-time favorite French dishes.
Welcome New Vendors