New York received some great news this week from Governor Cuomo. After a long year on hold, weddings are back and brides, grooms, and guests couldn’t be happier... With some guidelines in place to keep everyone safe, weddings can resume. Make sure your guest list includes those who will abide by the new guidelines. Since catering halls can book up to 50% capacity and not exceed 150 attendees you will want to make sure you are inviting those closest to you to enjoy this long-awaited special day. All guests, attendees, and vendors will have to have a negative covid test within 72 hours of your special day. Some couples may also choose to have a company at their wedding to offer rapid testing onsite.
Here are some highlights of the guidelines released by Governor Cuomo as of March 24th, 2021 :
· Curfew for catered events will be 12:00 AM (midnight) as of March 15th
· Testing / Vaccine: Negative Rapid Test within 6 hours of the event, a PCR Test within 72 hours of the event, or Proof of vaccination series completed 14 days before the event.
· Dancing (with masks) will be allowed in small groups, which will consist of whoever is sitting at your dining table in socially distanced designated dancing areas. Guests cannot move between dance areas. Ceremonial dances will be allowed as well.
· Cocktail Hour - Guests must wear masks at all times except when seated to eat.
· Some of the details that Venues will need to provide to the Local Health Department at least 5 days in advance: Name of Event, Contact Information, Time and Date of Event, and Number of Guests Attending.
Click here to view the updated guidelines for “In-Person and Catered Events” on Page 7: