Ready, Set, Wed: Top Trends for 2017
Jan 09, 2017 02:06 PM Back
A new year means new trends and with spring “just around the corner” (we hope) 2017 trends are sizzling hot, even for brides who are tying the knot this winter.
- Give Them Props: Say bye-bye to blossoms and blooms and HELLO to elegant and ornate props including hanging centerpieces and plenty of whimsically wonderful lights and lighting patterns.
- Majestic Entrances: Over the top entryways are making a comeback this year. So, go ahead and treat your guests to an entrance that elaborate and décor that’s “dramatic”.
- Online Inspiration: This generation of attention-grabbing gals and guys who want immediate gratification are giving family and friends the option of getting in on the (planning) action. Couples are turning to online wedding planning and other wedding planning apps to handle every aspect of their inspired event…and that means letting everyone follow their fabulous journey to the alter
- Grand Garden Parties: Couples are opting for outdoor events where weather permits and that means plenty of outdoor inspiration including organic florals, centerpieces and decorative accents that take their cue from each spectacular season and mother nature.
- Emphasis on FUN: Soon-to-be-weds are seemingly less about pomp and circumstance and more about post parties….with the emphasis on PARTY. Think interactive and DIY food and cocktail stations, lawn games, a billiard room, darts, and other childhood favorites as well as photo booths, carnival games, and caricaturists just to name a few.
- Dual Purpose Dresses: Changing outfits from ceremony style to reception fashion has been the rage for quite some time now…but frugal minded fashionistas are investing in dual fashion designs. Gowns with removable skirts are the hot haute couture trend for the frugal minded fashion forward bride.
- Eat, Drink and Be Married: After party snacks including ice cream stands and food trucks are a MUST HAVE for contemporary couples. Another MUST is exotic courses (often from around the world) that extend well beyond the cocktail hour and entrée. In fact, couples are helping design their own menu and drink stations making the day and the meal all their own.
- Techno-Trends: Couples are relying more and more on technology to make their day personal and “magical”. From snapchat geofilters to 3D personalized cake toppers, invites etc., not to mention couples choosing to live stream their event for everyone (even those not in attendance) to view and enjoy, technology is playing a MAJOR role in merry making for techno-savvy ladies and gents.
Welcome New Vendors