Groovin’ To the Music: Using Music as the Inspiration for Your Event
Nov 06, 2019 04:03 PM Back
From Manhasset to Montauk and virtually everywhere in between, Long Island exudes an eclectic culture that boasts a love of the fine things in life. Among these living life to the fullest and a penchant for posh parties. We are home to the Hamptons, Island Park, Long Beach, Fire Island, Shelter Island, Montauk and even to The Stephen Talkhouse, where many of your and my favorite musical masterminds got their start and possibly their big break. Is it any wonder then that as Long Islanders we see music as an integral part of setting the stage and the mood for any life event and celebration?
Below are some of the latest and greatest most creative ways to make your wedding a musical masterpiece.
1. Eating Your Words: Have your baker “engrave” your favorite line or lines from one of your favorite songs onto your wedding cake.
2. March to the Tune of Your Own “Drummer: How about a late night conga line around the block with friends and family in tow in lieu of the traditional last dance.
3. Consider black and white invites for a black tie affair with musical postage featuring of the classics and your favorites.
4. Boho chic brides can replace traditional bouquets with tambourines laced with seasonal foliage and/or wildflowers.
5. Have guests sign your very own “record label”. Invest in an old-school vinyl record and have guests sign it in lieu of a more traditional wedding book.
6. Consider adding some interesting musicians to your entertainment. From a pianist or harpist at the reception or cocktail hour to a mariachi band, a calypso band and even professional salsa dancers etc…you can ramp up your entertainment.
7. Consider handing out a musical soundtrack from your wedding day highlighting some of the tunes from the day’s most memorable moments.
8. Edgy Invites: Incorporate lyrics from meaningful music in your relationship to your save-the-dates and your invitations. You may also require a pop art design as your backdrop for invitations, save-the-dates, napkins, etc.
9. Hosting a barn-yard bash? How about a country hoedown replete with Karaoke machine, line dancing and a live country banjo band.
10. Retro weddings can draw inspiration from the past. How about and old gold-horned record player on top of a leather suit case belting out some nostalgic tunes.
11. Go classic with sheet music inspired programs to be handed out to guests.
12. Have a honky-tonk wedding by incorporating an antique piano that is pre-programmed or that someone dressed accordingly can play…especially while serving old school style drinks at a set up speak easy.
13. Consider larger than life music-inspired centerpieces such as drums adorned with florals, etc.
Welcome New Vendors
- Speeches for Milestones The day has arrive...
- Long Island Bridal Expo Connecting Brides & ...
- 1 More Rep 1 More Rep offers Ap...
- Bellport Inn The Bellport Inn on ...
- Snapphotto Snapphotto is one of...
- Fiddlers Dream Music Asher began classica...
- Havana Central Featuring real Cuban...
- Primerica Nelida Flynn In 1977, we were fou...
- Tranquility Med Spa We are a family owne...
- Acetra Affairs Here at Acetra Affai...
- The Crushed Olive Our Infused Olive Oi...
- Miller Place Inn The Miller Place Inn...
Sign in with Social Networking
Create an Account
Sign up with Social Networking
Already have an Account ? Sign In